Bleeding Hearts Mini Pie Tarts
(A Gluten-Free Pear/Raspberry mini pie recipe guaranteed to make your house smell amazing.)
(Adapted from this recipe: http://www.justataste.com/2012/09/salted-caramel-apple-hand-pies-recipe/)
Yield: 10 mini pies
For the dough:
2 cups Gluten-free flour blend
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup cold sour cream
For the filling:
1 ripe pear
1/2 cup raspberries
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1. In a food processor, combine flour, salt, baking powder, butter, until the mixture resembles dry sand.
2. On low, add in sour cream. On a floured surface, lightly knead dough until no longer sticky. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon.
4. Chop pear and raspberries into small pieces and place in a medium bowl. Coat thoroughly with sugar mixture.
5. On a floured surface, roll the dough and cut into desired shapes, using cookie cutters or a glass. (I only own heart-shaped cookie cutters so all things I make are heart shaped)
6. Place 4-6 dough shapes on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet. Spoon a small portion of the filling into the center of each shape, leaving enough of a border to close the pie. Place second dough shape in top, press lightly, and use a for to crimp edges together. Using a sharp knife, cut vents on the top of each pie.
7. Bake pies for 12-15 minutes at 425ºF or until they’re golden brown.
8. Remove pies from the oven and allow to cool before eating.
9. Stuff your face.
(I fucking love pie.)